5 interesting facts about Pooja Hedge who plays “Chaani” in the movie Mohenjo Daro
Synopsis of Mohenjo Daro : During the prehistoric Indus Valley, in 2016 BC, the evil greed of a man is about to destroy one of the oldest cities in the world, Mohenjo Daro. And the eponymous film is about a young indigo farmer, Sarman, who enters this city and meets Chaani, the daughter of the priest, who predicted to be the Origin of a New Society. Sarman, in his attempt to win Chaani’s love, uncovers secrets nobody was ever supposed to know – about Chaani, about Mohenjo Daro and about his own past
5 interesting facts about “chaani”:
- Model turned actress Pooja has also been Miss India South 2010 and Miss India talented 2009.
- She made her acting debut in Mysskin’s Tamil superhero film ‘Mugamoodi’ (2012) opposite Jiiva, portrayed the female lead character of ‘Shakthi’. She has also worked in films like ‘Oka Laila Kosam’ and ‘Mukunda’.
- She speaks five languages – Tulu, Kannada, Marathi, Hindi, and English. Despite her roots being from Mangalore, Karnataka, Pooja was born and raised in Mumbai.
- Pooja Hegde is a trained Bharat Natyam dancer and completed her studies in the commerce stream.
- Interestingly, it was not Ashutosh Gowariker or Hrithik Roshan who spotted her for ‘Mohenjo Daro’. While Ashutosh was searching for a fresh face for the film, it was Ashutosh’s wife who spotted Pooja in an advertisement and recommended her to Ashutosh.