The London Mela on BBC Asian Network Digital Radio
In our very own Mix Tent Asian Network DJ’s including DJ Kayper, Panjabi Hit Squad, Sonny Ji, Ameet Chana and Nerm will mix up the freshest Desi beats, Hip-hop, Bhangra and Drum ‘n’ Bass showcasing the stations commitment to new music.
The station is proud to be the principal media partner for this huge event which last year attracted 75,000 people, on Sunday August 10 and has supplied the acts on the main stage in Gunnersbury Park as well as hosting the Mix Tent. |
The station will provide live coverage from 2pm of all the action from Gunnersbury Park and feature interviews from the key players who organise this huge event on Sonia Deol’s show (weekdays from 9am) in the run up to the Mela.
Asian Network Head of Music Mark Strippel said: “This year sees Asian Network turning up the volume at London Mela, delivering some of the biggest British-Asian and Bollywood music stars and a bigger online and visual platform around our activity. We are proud to be the principal media supporter for the third year running.”
The Main stage will be hosted by Asian Network talents Adil Ray, Murtz and Jas Rao and the line-up is:
· Jassi Sidhu – The former B21 Bhangra star performs for the first time at London Mela with new album The New Adventures Of…
· Taz (formerly of band Stereo Nation) – returns with a new album and Bollywood hit from the ‘Race’ soundtrack
· Raghav – The Calgary-born singer performs from forthcoming album ‘Identity’
· Mona – Southall-born local and daughter of Bhangra legend Channi Singh returns with third album ‘Stronger’
· Labh Janjua – vocalist on classic Panjabi MC track Mundian Ton Bachke and singer on Bollywood tracks Partner, Singh Is King and Hat Trick.
· Superstar Producer Rishi Rich Presents … Veronica, H Dhami, & Mumzy
On-site on the day a BBC Big Screen will show all the main stage performances, while 14 BBC big screens based around the country will feature the highlights of the Mela to an audience across the UK. The Asian Network website bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork will feature full performances, extended interviews, photos and features from the Mela.
You can listen to BBC Asian Network via DAB Digital Radio, online at bbc.co.uk/asiannetwork and on Digital TV channels SKY 0119 Freeview 709 and Virgin 912