A Step-by-Step Guide to Curling your Hair with Straighteners by Asgar Saboo
A Step-by-Step Guide to Curling your Hair with Straighteners by Celebrity Hairstylist Asgar Saboo
There is nothing more glamorous than a cascade of big romantic curls for a summer night out in town. A simple and quick way to achieve big and bold curls is to use your hair straightener, as the resulting curls from the flat iron are looser and bouncier than the ones you get with a curling wand. Celebrity stylist to the stars Asgar Saboo and Style Director at the Daniel Galvin Salon in London has come up with an easy step-by step guide to master the art of chic curling from home.
1. Brush your hair thoroughly to make sure your tresses are tangle free and smooth before you begin. Make sure you hair is completely dry before using the straighteners, says Asgar, as this can be very damaging.
2. Apply a heat protection spray and comb through. It’s important not to skip this step, says the expert, as this creates a barrier between the hair and the straightener.
3. Part your hair in three sections: upper, middle and lower, then apply hairspray to each section and clip them up.
4. Start patiently working on the layers beginning at the bottom of your scalp. Grabbing section by section, clamp the iron and turn it back on itself a half turn gliding the straightener near the hair roots towards the ends and softly twisting it at the same time.
5. When all the sections have been curled, gently run your fingers through your hair to get a soft tousled look and apply a strong-hold hairspray to keep the curls in place.
Hairstyles of the Rich and Famous – Internationally Renowned Celebrity Hairdresser Asgar on his Brush with the Glitterati
From supermodel Cindy Crawford to Bollywood supremo and one of the world’s most beautiful women Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, the name Asgar is synonymous with cutting edge and attention grabbing hairstyles. The UK based hair maestro has worked his magic on scores of celebrities and dignitaries the world over, making the front covers of several leading fashion magazines and item publications with his show-stopping and inspirational coiffures.
As well as having styled top models for the front covers of high-end fashion magazines such as Vogue and Harper’s Bazaar, Asgar’s work has also graced the fashion and style sections of national newspapers such as The Observer, The Times, The Independent and The Daily Mail. Imparting his words of wisdom on good hair care, Asgar has also been a regular columnist for the UK’s leading national newspaper targeting the South Asian Diaspora Eastern Eye since 2005. Asgar has appeared on several top TV and radio shows, including the BBC’s Clothes Show and the Asian TV Breakfast for three years.
A regular on red carpets around the world, Asgar’s hair creations have been showcased at glittering premieres, showbiz events and Awards ceremonies, and he is sought after by the top names in the film, Royal and fashion fraternities.
Asgar’s distinguished celebrity clientele includes supermodels Cindy Crawford and Twiggy as well as Bollywood A List stars Karisma Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Hrithik Roshan and legend Rekha. He is also pivotal in the styling of business moguls, ultra-high net worth individuals and royalty such as members of the Sultan of Brunei’s household.
Asgar is famed for the headline grabbing hairstyle he created for Bollywood heartthrob Hrithik Roshan, which has been the inspiration for Hrithik Roshan’s wax work figure at London’s prestigious Madame Tussauds.