An Interview with Akshay Kumar On Khiladi 786
1. You’re returning to the Khiladi role after 12 years, how does it feel to be back?
From Khiladi to Khiladi 786 my journey has been a full circle and that circle will keep re-creating itself as there is still so much to do, so much to learn and so much to deliver to my fans. Khiladi made me believe in my work and that I could have a career in this line of work. Khiladi 786 is my gift to the millions of fans who have supported me throughout these years, through thick and thin. It’s only because of them and their solid faith in me that I have carried on, to the extent now that I am continuing the Khiladi legacy after a long time and bringing to them Khiladi 786.
2. With Khiladi 786, you return back to action comedy. What do you enjoy the most – action, comedy or romance?
To be honest I love all kinds of genres but I must say I have always had the passion for action and it's great to get back in to this genre and what better way than through a long awaited Khiladi film. Khiladi 786 is packed with full on masala action and plenty of great comedy, i even managed to squeeze in some romance too!! I'm a complete adrenaline junkie and whether I'm doing action in the reel life or real, it’s always been a part of my life and my career. But I always experiment and entertain my fans whether through a family drama like Namastey London, comedy such as Houseful 2 or an action film like Rowdy.
3. Tell us about khiladi 786…what can we expect from the movie?
Khiladi 786 is comedy and action personified – so expect loads of fun and frolics and romance and drama along the way! Khiladi 786 is my gift to the millions of fans who have supported me throughout these years, through thick and thin. It's only because of them and their solid faith in me that I have carried on, to the extent now that I am continuing the Khiladi legacy after a long time and bringing to them Khiladi 786.
4. It is said that many heroines were selected for Khiladi 786 – Diana Penty, Nargis and then Asin was chosen. All of them are from the recent breed of actresses. How is it that any actress opposite you makes a good pair?Asin is a great actress. She is a talented performer, who always gives her complete best to any project she is involved with. We had a great time making Khiladi 786, and hopefully our on-screen friendship and great working relationship will be visible to all our fans who come to see the film.
5. The music for the film has been very well received already, what do you enjoy about the tunes? Himesh is really a music maestro and he has done a fantastic job. The songs are really being appreciated and one of my favourites is Sari Sari Raat – it’s a die-hard romantic track and for all those romantics out there. See this film has a bit of everything!
6. What was it like working with Himesh Reshammiya? How is he as a person?Himesh is really a music maestro and he has done a fantastic job. As a person he’s a great individual – such a creative person its unbelievable. It was a joy to work with him
7. Tell us about the X factor of Khiladi 786? What shall your fans expect from you in Khiladi 786?
Me jumping off tall buildings, making the fans cry with laughter and getting the girl in the end … what more could you ask for?! Lol! Khiladi786 is a culmination of all the other 7 Khiladi films so you will see combination of romance, drama, comedy and of course action. Khiladi 786 is my gift to the millions of fans who have supported me throughout these years, through thick and thin.
8. What are you going to be up to in the future? Will you continue this run of Masala hits?
I am looking forward to 2013 as I have a busy year ahead of me; Special Chabis is coming up, Once Upon A Time in Mumbai Part 2, Boss. Currently I am tied up with my Hindi film projects including my own productions from my new production company Grazing Goat Pictures. I am a big believer of delivering entertaining masala films as that’s what the audience at large want to see when they visit a cinema. Some escapism, humour, emotion, action, drama and a sprinkling of romance!