TACKLING DIABETES IN THE UK: “Bodycraft Weight-Loss Surgery” on the risks attached Diabesity
Today, the first-ever audit/report of patient deaths from diabetes was released by The NHS information Centre. The report states that 24,000 people with diabetes are dying unnecessarily each year and a third of people in the UK affected do not realise they have the condition.
The implications of this mean that the body cannot use glucose properly and can develop potentially fatal complications like heart and kidney failure. We represent BODYCRAFT, one of London’s leading purveyors of private weight loss surgery based in London.
Bodycraft specialises in gastric band and non-surgical procedures and they have seen more patients looking for gastric band surgery due to diabetes related obesity.
· 48% of men and 43% of women in the UK could be obese by 2030, adding an additional £1.9 billion per year in medical costs for obesity-related diseases such as cardiovascular issues, diabetes and various cancers if current trends are to continue.
· The growing diabesity epidemic is also testament to the growing health risks attached to obesity, as estimates suggest that by 2025 over four million people in the UK will have diabetes and in most cases Type 2 diabetes, one of the reasons being the rapidly rising numbers of individuals who are overweight and/or obese. It is incredibly important to catch Diabetes at its earliest stage and that’s why one of Bodycraft’s industry-leading surgeons, Consultant Bariatric Surgeon, Mr Marcus Reddy, has outlined 4 warning signs for Type 2 diabetes:
· Passing urine frequently and particularly at night
· Feeling very thirsty· Tiredness and itchiness around the vagina or penis
· Thrush blurred vision due to dry eyes Bodycraft’s service has already successfully transformed many individual lives giving them a slimmer, healthier and happier lifestyle for both body and mind. To book a consultation or for further information, please contact Bodycraft on 0800 862 0343
 BBC.co.uk, Fergus Walsh, Medical Correspondent, 24th June 2011
Top 10 Downloads in orderBeing updated